1.08.2009

what's next.

this past year brought me new responsibilities that i never expected to come my way so soon. one of these is a position as the what's next coordinator for switch at the edmond campus of lifechurch.tv, where i have the opportunity to disciple new believers and follow up with them on their spiritual journey. discipleship is something i am deeply passionate about, especially when it comes to the youth i work with. it is so amazing to be a tiny part in raising up a biblically literate and spiritually mature group of kids! in the last two months at switch, He has allowed me to become close with a group of several high school girls who are all close friends themselves. they approached me together one week after switch to talk about recommitting their lives to following Christ, and He has opened up a great line of communication between us since. each girl has been faithfully attending church on the weekends and wednesday evenings, and their excitement at discovering new verses that are relevant to whatever they're experiencing at a given time is so delightful to witness! last night at switch, one of the girls expressed an interest in getting more involved at the church and finding a place to serve there. i was able to get her into contact with coordinators from lifekids, and i'm excited to see where this leads her! to me, this is such a demonstration of her growth in the last several months. one of the biggest fruits of faith is service to others in His name, and i cannot tell you how warm and fuzzy it makes me to get to see that emerge from behind the scenes. =)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

My dear sweet Taylor Phillips, I love you and I love your passion for serving Jesus! I miss you sooooo stinkin much! Jesus is working in you girly and its awesome to hear about. I can't wait to see you this weekend!

Curtis Honeycutt said...

Cool cool. I'm originally from Norman. My uncle attends Lifechurch, so I've been a few times. Fantastic church. Good luck.