1.25.2009

thanks for the slice.

i love pie. boy, do i love pie. a nice, piping hot slice of any kind of fruit and crust with ice cream on top just can't be beat. but humble pie? eh, not so much. i'm definitely not as apt to order that off any cracker barrel menu.
back in november, amy beth at ministrysofabulous.com shared an entry on this very theme here - and let me tell ya, could i relate to it. now, a little over two months later, i feel compelled and prepared to share my own humility diddy - complete with a photo. your dream has come true! i walked in my first race for the cure last october with my sweet family and the many great gals that work with my sister at oklahoma breast care center. it was a gorgeous day full of courage, wisdom, and laughter. as we gathered to snap our team photo, i thought to myself, "shoot, i'm lookin' good for being here at the ballpark by 5 am. we're gonna have a smokin' team picture." mmhmm. that's right. and everyone did indeed take a fabulous snapshot before we began our mile or 5k trek. but there was a little surprise i didn't at all notice until my sister emailed the picture out to our team several weeks later: my barn door was wiiide open, there on the front row. yep. that's meeee.
thanks for the slice, Lord. :]
tell me about a recent embarassing or otherwise humbling experience. don't worry, no pictures required!

2 comments:

Addison Degginer said...

Oh my goodness Taylor that is too funny! I laughed so hard when I read this. Bless your heart!

taylor said...

haha, it's definitely one of my finer moments. :-D